Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tomatoes - Good Inside and Outside

     I love tomatoes.  I eat as many as I can as often as I can.  I prefer fresh on the vine when I can get them.  Tomatoes which contain lycopene can be crucial to your health as a cancer fighter.  Including prostate cancer.  There are 30mg of lycopene in 1 cup of tomatoes.  Tomatoes are good for your skin as well as many other benefits such as a liver enhancer, cholesterol, diabetes, asthma, the list goes on and on.  I am just reading how good tomatoes are for your hair.  Who knew?   Tomatoes being high in potassium is a much needed mineral which also helps relieve leg cramps, but is low in calories and sodium .  Tomatoes are also a healthy weight balance choice.  Although tomato juice is a good choice for a long hike or just a energetic day in the sun, too much sodium from canned or juiced tomatoes can make your body retain water causing bloating and weight gain. 

Tomatoes are also beneficial as a topical antiseptic, a cleanser, aides in the survival of plants and is useful as an insect repellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment