Sunday, July 17, 2011

Raw Salmon Brunch

     I made a raw salmon brunch this morning.  It was delicious!  I bought some fresh wild Alaska Salmon this morning at Winn Dixie . Very fresh and very inexpensive for five or six ounces of this omega-3 rich salmon. Before eating my favorite raw brain food pieces of salmon, I always soak it in fresh squeezed lime  juice only about an hour.  I then drained most of the lime juice off and added a clove of fresh garlic chopped.  Tossed in some fresh spring mix, just a handful so not to overpower the salmon.  Poured in about two tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce and dropped several pieces of pickled ginger in and a large pinch of fresh basil.  Couldn't find any fresh wasabi or would have tossed some of that in too.  Didn't need a whole jar of horseradish, but could have used that in place of wasabi.  Stir and eat up.  Absolutely delicious!  I could eat this for breakfast every day.  It's very healthy and low calorie.  I actually learned a large portion of my healthy eating habits from the "Duke" around 15 years ago.  He's a genious.



No comments:

Post a Comment