Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sun Soup

I take the outside onion peel (respiratory benefits) and stuff it into a glass jar with water and sit it in front of a window where the sun shines through, like sun tea only inside.  Then when I use a clove of garlic I add the garlic peel cuz I figure hale if onion peel is that good for you garlic peel must really be a life saver.  Sometimes my way of thinking doesn't pay off but hey, live and learn.  When I get around to it or think about it while I'm cooking something I add some spices to it like Italian seasoning, basil (fresh if I have it), red pepper flakes, black pepper, whatever comes to mind that I learned from Dr. James Duke, Botanist, over the years, that will have a good health benefit and add to the flavor.  I may toss in some fenugreek, some fennel, whatever hits my fancy while I think about it and watch it brewing slowly in the sun for two or three days.  Add some apple cidar vinegar for safety plus it gives it that sweet and sour flavor.  Then when I'm ready to finish the soup for a meal, I add what ever I have on hand.  Noodles work well.  Maybe some carrots, celery, whatever you have that you like in soup.  I might toss some meat in if I have it.  Chicken, bacon bits, etc.  Yep, I've been whipping up my own soup broth, for years actually, but not sun soup broth.  That's recent.  Course it may become a little rare now.  I mean with less sun this time of year.  It is still an experiment.  I experiment with food quite often.  That's how I learn what works for health and weight.  I'm my own ginny pig.  There are times it doesn't turn out so wonderful though and I have to have my jogging shoes ready for a quick sprint to the thrown - better known as the toilet.

3 comments:

  1. This was my first blog. Honeybee57 for blogspot & honeybeez for wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a really good weight loss soup recipe I just made up now. Is good too. Too bad I can't get n2 my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already text it though ... so everybody has it now....

    ReplyDelete